2020 Mazda CX-5 Safety Features
Chances are you’ve already heard about why the 2020 CX-5 is an excellent vehicle. We’re not here to convince you of that today. Instead, we’ll be looking at the safety suite of the CX-5 and what it has to offer.
What safety features are on the 2020 Mazda CX-5?
2020 CX-5 i-Activsense Safety Suite
Mazda has a comprehensive safety suite, dubbed i-Activsense. It includes multiple active safety features that work tirelessly to keep you and your passengers safe while on the road. What features are those? Take a look:
- Forward Obstruction Warning – monitors the road ahead and alerts driver if obstructions are detected
- Blind-Spot Monitoring – uses sensors to observe blind-spots; if another vehicle or object is detected, a warning light in the respective side’s mirror turns on
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – uses sensors to detect vehicles driving perpendicular to Mazda vehicle; alerts driver to possible not-yet-visible hazards
- Adaptive Front-Lighting – adjusts headlights up to 15° in the direction of a turn in order to maximize visibility
- High Beam Control – automatically switches between high and low beams when an object, pedestrian, or vehicle is detected within a certain distance
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control – constantly monitors traffic ahead, adjusting cruise speed to maintain a safe distance behind the closest vehicle
- Lane Departure Warning – continuously checks the road markings to ensure that vehicle doesn’t unintentionally drift too far out of lane
- Smart Brake Support – mitigates collision damage by automatically applying brake pressure if a collision is inevitable
- Smart City Brake Support – when driving at low speeds, brakes are primed when objects are detected with in a certain distance; if object comes too close without driver braking, the system brakes automatically
No matter which trim of the CX-5 you choose, it will have the above features.
Interested in the 2020 Mazda CX-5?
Schedule a test drive in a new 2020 Mazda CX-5 at Hall Mazda near Milwaukee. If you have any questions about the CX-5 or anything else Mazda related, don’t hesitate to give us call. We’re always happy to help.